Saturday 20 July 2013

Sea, Sand and Seafood

Popped south to Bude/Widemouth Bay in north Cornwall coast a couple of weekends ago for a little holiday with the other half another two couple and their four children. We were a big group but it was great fun and we had the most glorious weather (may it still continue in the longest heat wave in the UK that I can remember)!



 My favourite thing to do at the beach (except read) is to go on a treasure hunt. This went down well with the two little girls, who both helped me find some shells and cool looking pebbles. So I built ny own sand garden to keep them entertained... I'm glad I took a picture as one of the boys then destroyed it, oh well we had also built lots of sand castles with moats too.







Me and the other half then went a little further south to Padstow, a very popular fishing port were we tasted all the local Cornish ales and watched boats.










Padstow is also the location of Rick Stein's The Seafood Resturant were for dinner we had the most massive Fruits De Mere, a late birthday meal for my other half. The crab was the most challenging, and I discovered I don't like the roe of scallops but I do like razor clams!











Here I am outside, in case you needed proof hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment