Sunday 10 June 2012

Ginger beer Experimental Results


It was just over two months ago that I reported on my ginger beer experiment, and I am sure now I can call it a complete success! I have perfected my method completed over ten different batches, at least to make a beer that I like drinking anyhow and have given ginger beer plants to three different people who hopefully have passed the plant on too. I now make a batch every two weeks or so, so there is always something to drink in the house, very handy when you can’t afford to buy anything! It also made a tasty British treat, lashings of ginger beer for the Jubilee last weekend... I do love a rainy picnic!

Alcohol wise I have another two projects in mind for the next couple of weeks, I currently have 4lb of Rhubarb in the freezer waiting to be defrosted to make a white wine, and this will be my first attempt at making a white. Secondly the Elderflowers are starting to bloom, I missed them last year, and they are only really about for a couple of weeks, so I need to get picking to make some champagne!

Finally I can announce I have started stocking my Etsy shop, just search for The Violet Pincushion in shop section or click here http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheVioletPincushion
  
I currently have 8 sock monkeys listed for sale to “test the water” but have several more I can post and other handmade items. This is very much a learning curve for me, especially as I don’t have a lot of spare time, but I hope over the next few months I can make improvements to the shops appearance (any feedback is appreciated) and make an effort to update here and on facebook more often.  

No comments:

Post a Comment