Wednesday 21 December 2011

Last Minute Christmas Decorations

So we get a sudden invite to go round my father in laws at the beginning of the week and nothing I had planned to make for them was ready or would last the week without going stale, my other half didn't look too bothered but I knew the box of chocolates we had as a gift just wasn't going to do.

A small box of felt scraps and a quick search on the internet and I discovered this gem, Vintage felt baubles.




I don't have any ric rac, so I improvised with metallic thread, a hole punch and seed beads... my own little twist on the idea.





I'm planning on making a few more to give as gifts if I get the chance, maybe even adding a little stuffing to give them more shape.


Thank goodness Christmas Eve is a Saturday, still crafting time!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, have to try to remember that one for next christmas:)

    Hugs from Aggi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh glad you like them! Sadly I only managed to make these two last Christmas, but you've got me thinking maybe I could do an Easter version!

    ReplyDelete